Job Description Summary
The Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
You will be responsible to drive technical excellence and continuous improvement in the design, cost and reliability of the assigned task.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Basic design of hydro Turbine component for hydroelectric power station projects.
- Responsible to generate, verify and control of project specific design drawings, specs, Installation, O&M instructions, and other technical documents required to source, manufacture, test, install or maintain the units by applying GE and industry processes and standards.
- Responsible for analyzing qualitative and quantitative technical and commercial information on the project, including technical specifications, proposals, reference designs, and other sources of information necessary for the preparation of the project to comply with such requirements;
- Support manufacturing, sourcing and field support with issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design related causes (NCR, SDR); Drive quick, complete technical root cause analysis of field failures and identify design related corrective actions to prevent recurrence;
- Identify and execute cost saving ideas and strategies;
- Prioritize, plan and execute tasks when executing own work packages for multiple projects in parallel;
- Ensure the realization of informal and formal Design Reviews.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Support standardization actions in relation with Sourcing department and suppliers
- Support project teams in front of their customers, suppliers, partners, …
- Analyze suppliers offers and drive technical clarifications.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- At least 3 years of strong experience on design of hydro turbine
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of Competency in Analytical calculation.
- Additional experience in design of Auxiliary, piping, tool NX, AutoCAD will be preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude, including analytical calculations, applicable engineering tools and systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Experience working with suppliers, OEMs or customers;
- Passion to contribute for innovative solutions, cost-out actions and process improvement;
- Ability to work in a global matrix team environment;
Related Jobs (53)
Hiring Civil Site Engineer, for MK INFRA SOLUTION a unit of MK GROUP OF COMPANY on September 17, 2023 Full Time
Hiring Electrical Sales Marketing Engineer, Faridabad on August 4, 2023 Full Time
Telecom Optical Fiber Network Field ISP Engineer, Pan India on April 19, 2023 Full Time
Hiring Sales & Marketing Internships for Noida Delhi NCR on April 19, 2023 Internship
Fresher Graduate or Post Graduate HR Internship, Noida Delhi NCR on April 12, 2023 Internship