POSITION LOCATION: NOIDA, INDIA
WORK PATTERN: FULL TIME
SALARY: AS PER INDUSTRY STANDARD
DISCIPLINE: ENERGY, OIL AND GAS
Reporting to and working with the Traction Power Team Leader, your day-to-day work will include a combination of the following:
- Undertake asset records search and on-site record verification;
- Prepare and/or review technical reports, feasibility studies, option selection reports;
- Formulate scope of work, methodology and associated effort budget to support bids;
- Undertake and/or supervise power system modelling work (using ETAP and TRAIN, Mott MacDonald’s multi-train simulator or similar platform)
- Prepare and/or review outline and detailed designs for AC and DC electrification schemes including distribution and contact systems (electrical track equipment);
- Undertake/review earthing & bonding and protection studies;
- Provide input to other disciplines, including: Civils/Structures, SCADA, LV Power, Signalling and Signalling Power, System Assurance, etc.;
- Interface with clients (prepare and give presentations, chair meetings, etc.);
- Carry out bespoke technical investigation
- First Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable experience in AC and/or DC railway traction power, ideally with involvement in multidisciplinary design and construction projects.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution;
- Chartered Engineer status or nearing to achievement of professional registration – preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to draw logical conclusions based on limited information;
- Growth mindset combined with the ability to learn new skills on the job;
- IT skills: proficiency in usage of MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience of design independent assessment;
- Appreciation of environmental issues associated with rail engineering works;
This is a very exciting opportunity to become a member of our large, well-established and dynamic Traction Power & EMC (Electro-Magnetic Compatibility ) team providing specialist consultancy services to an extensive list of international tier 1 clients in the fields of: traction power, earthing & bonding, stray current and electromagnetic compatibility.
The work is varied and involves contribution to and/or responsibility for technical delivery of: feasibility and option engineering studies, power system studies, concept designs, technical specifications, detailed designs, support through construction and commissioning, bespoke technical investigations, etc. You will also be given the opportunity to develop and apply your project management and business development skills.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Related Jobs (26)
Hiring Electrical Sales Marketing Engineer, Faridabad on August 4, 2023 Full Time
Telecom Optical Fiber Network Field ISP Engineer, Pan India on April 19, 2023 Full Time
Telecom FTTX, FTTH Engineer & Technician, North India on February 22, 2023 Full Time
PLC Programmer (Sr. Engineer/ Asst. Manager), Ghaziabad on January 21, 2023 Full Time
Telecom Engineer, Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru & Chennai on September 29, 2022 Full Time